Book suggestions for a newbie

Welcome to the Whacky, wonderful, prayerful, sharing group here on APQS.   It is good to have you join us, and

please, ask questions you have, and help answer others.. and of course last but not least,  we like to see picts..

we've all had our beginning quilts, and love to see how we managed to advance since the days we were starting.

A point I didn't know about is:  the denser patterns show less boo-boos, be it a panto, a groovy board, or free-hand.

Good suggestions above.

I'll be selling some of my quilting and long arm books, however, am NOT ready yet !!

Rita

I spent a whole bunch of money on books before i got millie in may: karen mctavish, irena bluhm, angela walters, leah day, kimmy bruner. They are all good books, but i learned more off this forum, pinterest and you tube. Kimmy bruners twirly whirly feathers gave me a good start on learning feathers. Leah day and angela walters were mostly pics or hand sketches of free motion designs. the ladies on this forum post real pics of their quilted designs and they answer questions! The mctavish and bluhm books were for specific techniques that maybe i will use later on, but there are lots of you tube videos that show these techniques as well. All that to say, if i had a do-over, i wouldnt have spent so much on books, i would have bought more practice fabric! LOL!

Archived