What did you get for Christmas?

I didn't really need any quilting tools so hubby made me a my wonderfully thoughtful gift certificate.  I also got a paint gun!  LOL yes a paint gun.  I wanted one to paint picture frames and small furniture.  I hope it works well.  I want to paint a bunch of frames I got to make a picture wall in my family room.  Kailey and Sophia gave me a snow globe with a picture of them in it.  Getting to spend some time with my granddaughters is the best gift of all!  They are getting so big and they just crack me up!

On Thanksgiving I showed my kids my fabric stash and told them I didn't need more fabric until I get some quilts finished. My 6 year old grandson knew what I needed for Christmas. He made me some leaders and enders for piecing and was so excited when I opened his gift.

He's piecing his first quilt on my Bernina and has his 1/4" seam down. He also quilted most of my husband's Christmas quilt on my Millie with a CL long board.

Love my grandkid's interest in quilting!

Rita R, I love your poems and ideas!  Maybe that's what I'll give my (will be by then) SIL.  Two years ago, when he was "the boyfriend," I made him a stocking, and included 3 lumps of coal.  Before he left, he hid them in one of my Nativities.  This year, as "the fiancé", he got the coal included in his stocking again, and yep, they were back in the same Nativity before he left.  It's a tradition now.  Next year, I think I'll add snowman poop and the poem to the coal.

As for me, I got an impact driver (requested) from DD and fiancé, a book I wanted from the other DD, and some other small things.  DH and I agreed not to have gifts this year, opting for a trip somewhere warm instead! 

Archived