This quilt needs help=FINISHED photos

Okay ladies and gents;

I'm relying on your good taste here to help me out with this difficult quilt. I did SID around the outer green border to help stabilize it. The border looks awful, so many ripples and wrinkles. I don' t know what to do with it.

I also don't know what to do in the yellow marble fabric. I thought about a simple meander but not sure. It is also very puckery. The pinwheels are not SID because the points don't match, so I just freehand feathered them. DON"T laugh. This is the first time I have done fill feathers freehand.

post--13461897920599_thumb.jpg

The piano key technique works great on those wavy borders. Pin the heck out of it to evenly distribute the waves and any design that moves from the inside seam to the edge will work.

Since you have such beautiful feathers (!!!!) in the body, a medium-width squiggle from seam to edge spaced about two inches apart would work. That way you won't need to use rulers or the channel locks.

I have also had good luck with the old stand-by loops--make 'em big and move from seam to edge.

Very nice feathers--post a pic soon!!

Linda Rech

Linda, that triangle design is also done in the green print triangles that surround the pinwheels. I thought it would be nice to echo it out there, and that border was SO plain. This way it has some texture.

The whole quilt probably took 8 hours. I kept having to take frustration breaks every now and then.

Norece, the feathers did turn out nice, but the stitches are definitely not even. I wish I had a close up so you could see that. But I still think it turned out very pretty. Especially based on what I had to start with.

I hope the lady likes it well enough to send me some more quilts. These have all been for QOV, which is a volunteer organization, but she also makes quilts on her own that she gives for gifts and such. I slipped a brochure in the box with the quilts.

Archived