Tutorial posted on how I made my design wall

Wish I had room for one............looks great...............Saw you on Fons & Porter Love of Quilting on our PBS station yesterday !!!!    Loved your tips/tricks for quilting in sashings.........

Thanks, Linda!

I haven't seen the episode yet. I'm glad you liked it! I appreciate the feedback.

the tutorial is great and I love the quilt, do you know what that pattern is?

That log cabin is a customer quilt. I've no idea where she got the pattern. It is going to be full custom as she wants to enter if for a show. I've got the designs worked out in my head but I'm stuck on deciding about the batting. Choices, choices, choices! 

Thanks for the kudos, Vickie!

Wish I had room for one............looks great...............Saw you on Fons & Porter Love of Quilting on our PBS station yesterday !!!! Loved your tips/tricks for quilting in sashings.........

Thanks, Linda!

I haven't seen the episode yet. I'm glad you liked it! I appreciate the feedback.

The episode just aired here in Portland about an hour ago...as a newbie it was great! My only "fear" relating to it (and you addressed it briefly at the end of the episode with respect to yourself) is that you compared quilting designs to handwriting...try to imagine how frightening that is to a retired physician! ;)

I guess my quilting will be "unique" :D

The episode just aired here in Portland about an hour ago...as a newbie it was great! My only "fear" relating to it (and you addressed it briefly at the end of the episode with respect to yourself) is that you compared quilting designs to handwriting...try to imagine how frightening that is to a retired physician! ;)

I guess my quilting will be "unique" :D

Even better! LOL! As a physician you've taken creative liberties already with cursive letters. I'll bet you have oodles of great new designs none of us have ever seen before based on how you like to make each letter. PLAY! The key is to exaggerate the shapes and see how you can add or combine elements to make a new look. I never got higher than a C in handwriting class. I can't sketch/draw and I'm no artist. If I can do it... you can do it! 

Archived