Sewing Machine Pricing?

I have a couple of Pfaffs that I want to sell and would like to know where I can find fair values for them.  My local dealer is looking to gouge me so I need somewhere else to look.

I have:

Pfaff 1472

Pfaff 1475

Pfaff 7570 with embroidery unit

Pfaff Creative 2124 with 3D Smart Card Station, 2 brand new smart cards, and New only taken out of box Fabric Mover with stitch regulator

Any help would be appreciated.

I am keeping 4 other machine!  ;)

If you want to talk to another Pfaff dealer in a different area than you are, I can get you in touch with mine.  One thing you might want to remember or consider is how available are repair items for those models, when I bought my last Pfaff, my first model was aged enough that it had been hard for the repairman to get parts for things that were worn. 

I also have a friend whose Pfaff 2140 upgraded to 2170 has been giving her problems, she may be interested in one of yours.

I own a 1475, and have looked at prices recently (out of curiosity...love the machine and have no desire to sell mine!). Prices for nice machines range from $400-600 if they have all their accessories and are in good shape. I have seen a few around $300 but they have been tired machines. Look at rices on e-Bay as an indicator, though I do think that sometimes e-Bay may represent somewhat higher prices. The other thing to consider is that these are heavy machines and they will not be inexpensive to ship.

Good luck!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Quilt Sampler in Springfield, MO.  They're a Pfaff dealer. 

Two years ago my husband's puppy pulled the cord and my 1473 CD with it off the table cracking it and rendering it inoperable.  I called two local dealers who informed me that no one used my machine anymore-that it was a dinosaur and they offered me $25 and $50 respectively for it as a parts machine.  I have family in the Springfield area and I called the Quilt Sampler at their urging.  I was pleasantly surprised to receive an honest assessment of my machine over the phone (I'm 18 hrs away).  They told me that if I could swing a couple of hundred to fix the machine I should do that because my model would last forever and has a cult following.  So based on that phone conversation, I shipped the machine to MO for repair and was very happy that I did.  When they received the machine and called with an assessment they were fair in saying that they would buy it for $100 as a parts machine, but that in an open market if I wanted to sell it I should be able to easily fetch between $500-$700, if not more.  And that's been accurate based on online auctions & sales I've followed.  My experience with them was enough to convince me that I'm their customer for the life of my machine.

Archived