Circle Lord

I am thinking about purchasing the Circle Lord. I have a question for quilters who have them. How much do you use it in your everyday customer quilting? Once or twice a week? Or how much? Many of my customers want custom, but many also want cheap. Will the Circle Lord help me to do both?

Cheers

Carola

Carola, I do not quilt for others so maybe I shouldn't say anything. But here is my perspective anyway. The Circle Lord is a wonderful investment. That investment is to make it easier and quicker for you to do quilts. It is not to save the customer's money. There is no way you should do cheap and custom. they do not go together. Do not undervalue your time, your level of expertise and the investment in your machine and the Circle Lord products. If you can do a baptist fan quicker with the Circle Lord, then it is to save you time. You have to recoup your cost of purchasing the Circle Lord. I have the Circle Lord and love it. It is a wonderful tool that makes me look so much better; it makes quilting easier, quicker and I love the results. Do not undercharge!!! Well, that was saying a lot for just an opinion. The best to you and I know I have a lot of fun with my machine and the Circle Lord especially.

Marilyn

Carola, 9 months after I bought my Mille, I bought a circle Lord and love it.

They are pricey but the more I use it, the better I like it. I do more custom quilting then pantos, so I use the Circle Lord more then any thing else. Micheal comes out with more templates from time to time so there is always some thing new to try.

I make the Baptist Fan with the blade that came with the Circle Lord and was a maized how easy it is to do and also looks great. I also work so I don't get to use it as much as I would like too but I plan to semi retire soon, then I will have more time to play....happy Quilting.:D

Jean

Mille

Carola,

When I do pantos, I like to treat the borders separately. I can just have fun with a stencil or freemotion or other tool-work in this area. I use my CL quite often. I use it mostly for custom work. But I love to surprise a panto customer with a little spiral or ginkgo in the border or corner. I have had repeat customers ask " can you put that spiral/circle/ginkgo in my blocks?" or "bigger?" or "Square spiral?". It is definitely a speciality item. :cool:

I love it for concentric circles. Circles just seem to WOW my customers. They can't get enough of them and they don't mind paying me for that work.

And traditional quilts look great with the giant templates. I have the zigzag, wavy line and the double 7" Baptist Fans. They are great and you can whip thru a kingsize pretty darn quick. :)

Guest Linda S

I have tons of quilting gadgets, but the Circle Lord is the VERY BEST one I have. I use it on nearly all my customer quilts. Either to put in a nice border quickly, put a nice motif in the middle of a block, etc. It really can help to speed up a custom quilting job. Worth every single penny!

Linda

Archived