Opinions please on quilting

Good morning everyone.  I received my first QOV to quilt.  I know how I want to quilt everything except the border.  The border is a 9 patch design all around the quilt.  Would prefer to do free motion rather than ruler work.  The body of the quilt is what I would consider light to medium denisty, so of course not looking to do any heavy quilting on the border.  Throw some ideas at me please!  (BTW  I love feathers, but mine really need some work!  LOL  So those would probably NOT be an option)

I would suggest to CC (continuous curves) throught the 9P or just wiggly lines through the middle of each square to nail the border down. They go vertically and horizontally and give a different dimension to the border.

Have fun!

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

APQS Sales and Education

www.artisticquiltdesign.com

If you don't want to do cc's, try tt's (Terry Twists). For me, tt's are easier to do because I'm not trying to make perfectly smooth arcs. A little variation from one block to another just adds to the charm. :D

So I Googled Terry Twist and found Sally Terry, unfortunately I wasn't able to find a source for her products.  Appears all links related to Sally Terry anything are no longer active.  Any thoughts on how or where I can find her products?

Apparently, Sally Terry's site was down when I initially looked for Terry Twists, but it appears to be up and running again.  She's offering 15% off through June 8th.  I'm just having a hard time justifying $78 worth of templates.  

How often do others use theirs?

Archived