batting bar suggestions

I've made racks for my batting that hang from the ceiling.  I was afraid that batting under the table would interfere with my power lift system.  So I have a full length shelf under my table and don't have room/don't want to use that space, for batting storage.  The ceiling in my quilting room is high enough that they don't get in the way of anything.  Works pretty well.  Jim

I paid for the batting bar, but with bliss, the lift interferes.  So I have to use half the batting before I can put it on.  One side is OK, not the other.  I'm pretty sure someone rigged a pvc pole across with rope.  Try putting something in the search bar and see if it comes up.  The post could be two or three years old.

ok...low tech here......I needed to do a king sized quilt...needed a king sized batting....took an old queen full sheet....tied some scrap selvage around each corner and tied to the frame!.....works...low cost...easy to remove...keeps batting off floor...makes a kind of sling for the batting.....my Lucey is in the basement on a concrete floor and I have dogs so wanted to keep the batting up....I don't have the batting on a roll....plan to get some as soon as I use up more of the package stuff around here but will probably keep the batting out of the basement and only cut and bring down there as needed.....Lin

Archived