Burying threads technique question

Okay,  this is bothering me.   When I pull up my threads,  my bobbin thread is a stitch further than my top thread.   When I do my knot, it either has to go in the bobbin hole or the top thread hole,  but there will still be that little bit of discrepancy in the finished stitch.   This really bothers me, because if I go in the 'top thread' hole,  then my bobbin thread shows,  if I go to my bobbin thread hole, the top thread looks a little out of alignment.  

Am I being too picky?

How do  YOU bury your threads?   

Wow.  How big are your quilt stitches?  I think you may be way over-thinking this.  I finish my quilting line with a few very small stitches.  I pull up the bobbin thread and, if I'm not going to simply snip them off (which I do most of the time), I take a self threading needle, pop the thread ends in, and simply bury the threads.  I choose either hole, it really doesn't matter to me.

okay thanks.   I am overthinking this, I know, but yesterday as I was burying a bunch (I had multiple thread breaks grrr)  it started to get to me.   My stitch is set at 10.5 on regulated.   I don't bury if I've taken tiny stitches, just when I've run out of thread,  or had thread breaks.   I have one client who requests threads to be buried as well.  

When I put the top thread into the bobbin hole, it just looks like a bit longer than the other stitches, that's why I'm over thinking it.   And perhaps I have become too picky.  Who knew?? :D  If only my house cleaning was that superb.   :blink:

Archived