T shirt quilt sashing.

I am making a sort of t shirt quilt, but it is with my granddaughter's stretchy baby clothes.  I am stabilizing each little piece of fabric and cutting out 5 inch squares.  I wanted to use sashing to stabilize it further, but I am wondering if the small squares will look good with sashing.  Do you guys think it will look okay to use narrow sashing on these small squares?  What width would you suggest?  Thank you.  This is my first quilt of this type.

Peggy, this quilt sounds darling!  I think 1" sashing would look good with these, and would definitely help stabilize it.  Hopefully, some other folks will have suggestions for you, too.

Please post pictures when you're done.  I hope to have grandchildren some day, and would love to do something like this!

Yeah, I agree, one inch.  The blocks are kind of small.  It is a challenge for me, but is fun.  My daughter and I have to go pick out the border, backing, and binding fabric.  We are going to let my granddaughter be a big part of the design process.  Thanks to all the advice I have gotten on this forum, I think I am up to the challenge.  lol

BTW, you mean one inch AFTER seam allowances, right?

Archived