WIP Wednesday

Very pretty Jessica.

I started on the picnic quilt that I asked for suggestions on. I figured out how to use Adobe Ideas on my IPad. It lets me draw right on a pic of the quilt. I guess it is similar to the wacomb tablet. I really like it. I was able to come up with a plan for the quilting on my own. I'm working 12 hour shifts for the next 2 days, so no quilting for me. :(

I'm trying to get a quilt done for my granddaughter's room.  It has been on the frame way too long.  I have a little more fill on one long border and then one last border to do.  I'll be so happy when it is done.  It is a 2nd quilt for her bunkbeds.  It has been pieced for 1 1/2 years now!  Now my youngest has moved out of the crib and into the 2nd bunkbed so I need to get it done.  I haven't gotten much quilting in for the last year or so it seems.  I'm feeling rusty.  Wishing life would slow down a little so I can fit it all in again!  My daughter bought a house 3 months ago and we've been doing renovations.  Hoping to finish a whole new kitchen by Sat. and then I can have my weekends back for a while!  Love your quilt Jess.

I have totally lost my mind and decided to make FIVE, yes, 5............Iowa Hawkeye lap quilts for the 5 grandkids for Christmas !    Ordered fabric from Fabric.com and it came Monday.  Getting it washed and pressed and ready to sew today.   We  have 2 Granddaughters here visiting for 10 days, so I told them they could help on theirs.   We will see how that goes....????   They are to keep the secret from the 3 grandsons though and let them be surprised at Christmas.............only problem.........our Christmas with the family is over Thanksgiving !!!!    So, I actually have a month less to do them.    I'll pick simple, easy to sew patterns..........fleece on the backs, simple all over quilting.   

I've been trying for 2 days to adjust the tension for filtec gold metallic thread. FIrst three rows great. Now, I think  it's right, sew 2 inches the thread breaks. Solution? I took the quilt off and will frog it and use another thread!!!!! But first semi custom a king size quilt for a wedding gift!  Wish my finger luck. They are already sore!  LOL :)

Dell, use metro 1981, also called dark kahki I think.  When stitched out it looks like gold metallic and my millie loves it!

I've been trying for 2 days to adjust the tension for filtec gold metallic thread. FIrst three rows great. Now, I think  it's right, sew 2 inches the thread breaks. Solution? I took the quilt off and will frog it and use another thread!!!!! But first semi custom a king size quilt for a wedding gift!  Wish my finger luck. They are already sore!  LOL :)

Archived