Can't jog

Berny

When quilting a row I had to abort the machine due to a broken thread. Since it was late I jogged my machine off the quilt for the night. Tonight when I wanted to start it up again, I can't get it to move. It says needle not in up position. It also says that its at zero so I don't know how to move it to the other end to start quilting a new row. It won't let me use the jog button either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I work the rest of the day when APQS is open for help with problems.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

Berny who is totally frustrated.

Berny, for the "Needle not in up position" you need to use the fly wheel and get the needle into the proper position - (there should be 3 lights on the left-hand side (I don't have my manual with me so can't tell you which ones). Once you do this, hit enter and you should be good to go.

Thanks Sue, that did work. I was able to finish my quilt. BUT for some reason I could not use my keys on the keyboard to move my quilt. I could only hit Jog then use the jog pad to move the machine. It was a real pain having to move between looking at the quilt to see how much further you had to go. Any ideas as to why I cannot use my arrow keys to move the machine.

Again thank-you!!

Berny

Another Compu-Quilter issue..... I have problems with the computer locking up... and the only way I can move it or do anything with it is to shut it off and start over. Sometimes this is not a good solution, as it is difficult to come back to the same area where you were stitching before.

Any ideas? I am baffled on why the computer locks up... Barb

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Still NO luck. I turned everything off as suggested and waited over an hour. I can only use the jog pad on the computer to move the machine. I can use the keys to run, move index etc.. on the keyboard.

No the number lock is not on.

I will check the plugs to the keyboard tomorrow.

Any other suggestions??? as it is so difficult to keep running back and forth to use the mouse.

Thanks. I don't know what I would do without this forum.

Berny

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Still NO luck. I turned everything off as suggested and waited over an hour. I can only use the jog pad on the computer to move the machine. I can use the keys to run, move index etc.. on the keyboard.

No the number lock is not on.

I will check the plugs to the keyboard tomorrow.

Any other suggestions??? as it is so difficult to keep running back and forth to use the mouse.

Thanks. I don't know what I would do without this forum.

Berny

Hi Sue

You are awake - I asked the question then missed her answer!!! That was an easy fix!

I just visited Digitech's website and they have some really lovely designs now. I bought Kim Brunner's this time.

Also Designs by Deb has some new ones since I last visited.

Sue in Australia

Hi!!

It worked. I tried unplugging everything and waited. I also turned the number key on. It worked. I was so happy. It made quilting so much easier.

I think the version that I have is the 3.0. Is that the latest version? If not then how do I go about downloading it???

Were we not suppose to be notified if there were new downloads?

I have not received any notices yet and I bought my machine in September.

Thanks again.

Berny

Hi Berny

We are on v.3.11 dated 12.5.06. I believe the address for the upgrades is www.sd-stitches.com/programs/programs.html. If you have a problem with that ring Stan and he'll tell you how to get it and you can register your email address with them.

You'll love the upgraded version

sue in australia

A while back when checking the S&D Stitches program site, I noticed there was a newer version than what I had. I downloaded and installed it and had nothing but problems with it. I contacted Stan and he told me that I shouldn't upload any versions until they send out notices and that is usually only when there is a major upgrade. I guess if you don't have a problem with the version you are using, the little fixes that are made to these minor upgrades should be bothered with. Is that true? I too noticed that there was this new version dated 12/06 but I was afraid to download and install it.

Sue does it work properly? Will I have problems if I install it? I'm using the version dated 5/16/06 (haven't checked the version #).

I am using the December one because the older one that I had just kept giving me heck with that LPT Indexer error that was discussed awhile ago so I went ahead and downloaded it. 98% of the time I have no problems, there is that one day though (YESTERDAY!!!) that I just could'nt get anything to go right everytime I tried to start stitching the needle would go down but not up in time so that it was still in the fabric when it was moving...... ARRRGH!!!! was getting totally frustrated and figured well might as well shut it down and then restarted it about a half an hour later and would'nt you know it NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM! I just went ahead and happily quilted the rest of the day away! And this is just the single reason that I call my machine the _itch sometimes!!!:P

Archived