What Circle Lord templates should I get?

I have the starz, ginko, spiral, heart, rope, and the new feather circle and the border feather. I use the rope the most. I don't think I would get the feather border again, it's so simple to freehand a feather border. I use the starz one the least. The ginko has endless possibilities and the spiral is a great one. I like to make the heart then do some type of feather design in it. The CL is great, just not enough time to use it to its potential. I haven't invested in the giant templates. The $ scares me.

I second the motion on all of the above. One of my favorites is the Aztec both the large and small. Lots of designs hidden in that one. The Feathers is wonderful for the no-brainer wreaths. The baptist fan is always good (either size) This sure isn't helping you much is it! Can you tell we all love our Circle Lords? Oh yeah, the spirals are always great for fill-ins. Drats, I just don't know which I love the most. The king clam is really fast and looks good on anything.

I love all the templates from circle lord, but I am thinking of getting one of the B Fan templates but I'm not sure which one I would get more use out of either the 7 inch king or the 10 inch one. I'm thinking of the dollars also but I have a quilt crying out for a B Fan pattern. Do you ladies get a lot of use out of them. I have a 12 foot table and drive a liberty. Would love to hear any suggestions.

Hazel in Auatralia:D:D

If you can get one of the giant templates, go for it! Either the BF or clams look great, are quick to do and look especially nice on traditional and antique quilts.

Hazel...I have the Liberty....The 7"BF is a double row of fans, but you wouldn't be able to do both with the limited quilting space of the Liberty, so in my opinion I'd start with the 10" if I were you.

Hazel - I have both the fans. I charge less for the 10" fan because it seems to be faster for me. It looks really great and people love it.

Now, I like closer quilting so I also have the double fan template. I do charge more for this one because it is smaller. Both fans are wonderful. The larger can be used on quilts with larger pieces and the other on smaller pieced quilts. Either one, you can't go wrong.

I didn't realize that you couldn't stitch both rows of the 7" BF on a liberty. I have an Ultimate II and I can just get both rows in. I thought the Ultimate II and the Liberty had the same throat space, but now I guess they don't.

That's good to know. I was looking at maybe getting a Liberty, but I dont' want to lose any sewing space. I guess I'll have to look at a Freedom or something instead.

Archived