Labeling question

Ok I will try to keep this short. My daughters love my quilts, however they don't have any or at least very little desire to enjoy this hobby with me. A few months ago my daughter's friend had a baby so of course she wanted me to make a quilt for her. I told her I would construct it but she had to look through my books and find the top she liked, pick the fabric, the quilting design and any other quilting decisions. Which she was happy to do and did a nice job too. So tonight I was creating the label for the back of the quilt and I wanted to include her, but I'm not sure what to call her. She didn't really design the quilt, she picked it out of a book, but did she design it by way of colors and fabrics... My husband said call her my assistant but I didn't really like that, what would you suggest?

I would put a label on that would be something  like this.   Designed and made with love by your daughter and you for the baby.  Then if you know the  weight, height , date, time of birth etc. you could add  it to the label.   I have  made several labels  with all the information on them and as the   baby grows they have it on their favorite quilt. I put who made it last on the label.  Hopes this helps.   

How about just saying it was made by both of you.  There is a lot that goes into making a quilt besides the mechanics of cutting and sewing it all together.  Choosing a pattern and the fabrics are a big part of it.   The definition of collaboration is "the action of working with someone to produce or create something".  It was a collaboration for sure.  So I guess you could say you made it in collaboration with your daughter. 

I like either Design Consultant or that it was made by both you and your daughter. Sometimes when I gift a quilt that's from my husband and me, I'll add a line that it was hug tested by him. And I'll make sure that he does give it a good hug before it gets wrapped up. We've done that with dolls and softies as well.  :)

Thank you all for your thoughts, I really appreciate your quick responses. I really liked the way Oma put it. Color and fabric is no my best attribute, I'm a constructionist. So you are right she really did contribute and should get equal billing!

Thanks again, everyone!

Archived