HOUSTON

chickenscratch

It's the biggest and one of the best. It's in October and when we went year before last the weather was warm and clear. Look on line for information and if you view the winners from previous years you'll see all the big names and famous quilts. I was told I needed to go at least once and it was worth it. We visited the Texas Quilt Museum which is just over an hour away. Good weather, great show, massive number of vendors, nice people, good food everywhere you look, an all-around great experience. All the big name quilters teach and many times are manning their booths. 

(We're headed to Paducah in April so we can check that show off our "must go" list!)

I would love to go to Houston or Paducah sometime.   I do plan to go to MQS next year..........that's the one in Cedar Rapids, I think.   Our daughter will be moving there this summer, so we have plans to go in 2016.   A friend has been to the Houston show several times..........it usually coordinates with their annual winter trek to Texas.   Lucky lady.  Went to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago one year, but we had to get on the bus at 4 AM, ride 6+ hours and then do the show.   By 2 PM, I was a zombie and didn't really enjoy any of it.   Luckily our daughter lived near there at the time, so I went home with her for a few days.  The others had to ride the bus home arriving in the wee hours...........we all said..........."never again".  haha   

I might be biased, but the Houston show is fabulous!  The dates for general public are October 29-Nov 1 this year.  I live in Houston, so I get to go every year.  I feel spoiled!  

You lucky lady !     I live near Des Moines, so go to that show every year, but it is nothing compared to Houston.   We don't get as many big names for classes.   We do get a lot of nice vendors though.  That's the fun part.   

Archived