Any ideas for quilting this one?

I'm stuck.  I really want to do custom on this one but see waaayyyyy too many starts and stops.  Now I'm thinking a pantograph for the inside part and custom in the yellow and pink borders.  Want to do some pretty feather circles in the big pink border.

To give an idea, each flower block is 7" square (excluding the think dark pink border/light pink sashing), there are 49 of these blocks, the yellow border is 2 1/2" wide, the pink border is 11" wide.  The entire quilt is about 95" x 98".

Any thoughts or suggests greatly appreciated!!

post-4461-0-16099000-1425156672_thumb.jpg

post-4461-0-40829600-1425156679_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately,custom usually means starts and stops. It really doesn't bother me, but I don't knot and bury on anything other than show quilts. I would do the flower suggested in the print blocks. I would feather the light pink sashing. Curling feathers in the border maybe Flanked with bead board. Braid in the inner yellow sashing. SID the dark pink. Nothing in the small print squares, but CC if they need something. It's very pretty.

I agree with Lee Ann. Do a flower of some type in the block, travel into the sashing and do a leafy vine, CC in the cornerstone block, on to the next flower block, and so one.  Not many starts and stops. Then do your feathered borders like you want to do. It will be stunning.

The design for the Flowers in Winter look perfect for this.  Love your quilt Charlotte, it's very pretty!  I do remember seeing it earlier.

I like the braid idea for the yellow border, and the leafy vine will be pretty in the light pink sashing.  If I'm careful possibly I can travel around a bit without stopping and starting in each block, if I plan my route well.   :P

Working on the first side of the big pink border now.  Using bright yellow thread to make the feathers, seems to tie everything together well.

Thanks everyone for your ideas!  I think I can incorporate everyone's suggestions and now I have a good plan of attack for this pretty quilt.  Such a sweet lady made this and I want it to be just right for her.

Will post pictures when I'm done but I'm not a fast quilter so it will be a while.

Archived