Name of this block

Does anyone know the name of this block?  Customer handed me a stack of these to finish.  They were made by her Great Grandmother.  All hand pieced and all slightly different size.  She wants me to finish it so she can give it to her son as a wedding gift.  I need to separate by size first, I guess.  I would like to research to see how it would have been quilted.  What would you charge for the piecing part?  I thought she just needed it quilted but I'm up for the challenge.

post-17271-0-51546700-1434333817_thumb.jpg

Diane as Joyce said its Rob Peter to Pay Paul if you will go to Google image search and search for that quilt it comes up with lots of variations so very striking two color ones.  Pinterest may have some good pictures also.Good Luck Saundra

I get a lot of this sort of business and it has taken me a while to be brave enough to charge by the hour and tell my customer to expect a very large bill.  These types of projects can take a huge amount of time.  I have priced myself into a hole more than once,  but I'm learning!!

Carol

Does anyone know the name of this block?  Customer handed me a stack of these to finish.  They were made by her Great Grandmother.  All hand pieced and all slightly different size.  She wants me to finish it so she can give it to her son as a wedding gift.  I need to separate by size first, I guess.  I would like to research to see how it would have been quilted.  What would you charge for the piecing part?  I thought she just needed it quilted but I'm up for the challenge.

Diane,

I believe all other replies have been great!

I found several other names in Blockbase (based on Barbara Brackman's epic work). These are:

• Dolly Madison's Workbox
  • Love Ring
  • Mary's Choice
  • Orange Peel
  • Rob Peter and Pay Paul
  • Sugar Bowl, and
  • Rob Peter to Pay Paul

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Archived