Sitting While Using A Standup Longarm

Does anyone using a stand up machine like the Millie or Lucey sit down while quilting?  I know that's what the George is for but I'm talking about sitting while using a regular longarm.

How does it work for you?  Did you have to cut your frame height down or just get a tall stool?  In the future I'm probably going to have to go to that so may as well start checking it out.

David

I lucked up.  Was talking to my neighbor about it yesterday and he said, "I got just the thing for you."  He gave me a very nice drafting chair that raises high enough and was in perfect condition.  Someone had given it to him and he never used it.

Now to get used to sitting while quilting.

David

I'm just starting out, so don't have a lot of experience, but I do use a leather swivel bar stool I got off Amazon for a good price.  It's tall, and no adjustments are needed .  I usually just lean/sit on it, with my feet on the floor, but sometimes, I just get too excited and push the stool out of the way so I can "get in there" on the quilt top.  Oh, and the stool's leather is bright red so it looks cool too!

Archived