Update to DH is coming around

Last night DH took me to dinner and on the way home my cell phone/buniness phone rang. A customer called to say she had another quitl top ready. Since she llived right on the way home I offered to pick it up. When we hung up I looked at DH and gave him a very coy smile. He smiled and said, "wow! can't beat that."

I had advertised my quilting business about 2 years ago in our housing development's newsletter, this customer was the secretary so she took my information - I have recieved 3 quilts from her - the ad paid off - I think it cost $5 - woo hoo!!

DH was totally impressed. He said, "Boy, that ad paid off didn't it? I guess this just takes time." Finally!!

Men are number based. Women are feelings based. Through in a lot of numbers into your conversations and you'll find your husband's interest level will rise. That too! Congratulations on your new quilt order. Here's an example of guy talk - "At the rate of 3 quilts in 2 years, then I should expect to get an additional 15 quilts in the next ten years, so the $5 ad over a 12 year time period is an advertising cost of only $0.28 per quilt. With a quilting charge of an average of $150 per quilt, times the 18 quilts, the total sales to this one customer over 12 years is $2700." Here's an example of gal talk - "I'm so excited about getting another quilt order from Judy because she sews these really pretty quilts and they are so much fun for me to stitch. When I showed the last one to her, she began to cry with joy". ;)

Vicki:)

Vicki,

Funny you should say that...on the way to dinner last night we started talking about working out at the gym. DH started giving me these formulas of number of reps, number of times in each rep or whatever he said. He has it so down to a science that he has decimals involved.....guess what I did....made like a doughnut and glazed over (again!).:P

Archived