A Millie in my future!!!

Well my fellow quilters, my husband and I have decided to sell our home in order to purchase one that would allow me to have a designated sewing studio instead of a converted dining room turned sewing room and my husband has always wanted his own detached garage. This is something I didn't expect to be possible for at least 2 or 3 years from now, but my wonderful husband said the time to move is now. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. To know that this time next year I could have my very own Millie or Freddie or Lucy in my sewing studio is very exciting. I currently have George in my little sewing room and I love quilting on my George. I haven't decided yet whether I will keep George or sell him, but I have plenty of time to make that decision.

The only part of this process I'm not looking forward to is the fact that I will have to pack up my sewing room in about three weeks and convert it back into the dining room it's suppose to be. The thoughts of not being able to quilt for several months is not something I'm excited about, but I'll suffer through it for the end result of a fantastic sewing studio. As soon as we complete this process and my new studio is set up, I will post pictures for everyone to see. I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday season!!!!!

God Bless & Happy Quilting,

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.

Debbie, I'm about 15 to 20 minutes from Lincolnton and go there often.

I'm almost positive it will be a Millie Regina, but I'll have to wait and see.

I may have to convert a large bedroom as well Judy, but I'm hoping we can find something with a basement, very large bonus room or a single level home with a room large enough for everything to be in one room. By the way Judy, you do some great work on your George, from the postings I've seen. Keep up the great work.

Gator, I can't imagine packing up a sewing studio after 30 years. I've only had this small sewing room for a little over 7 years, and it is packed full. I'm glad you finally have everything in a large studio, and I hope to be able to do the same.

I just may take you up on the invitation Sheridan once we complete the minor repairs on our house and put it on the market around February. I haven't even packed my machines up yet and I'm already having anxiety over not being able to sew/quilt. 

Since I didn't think we would be able to do this for a few more years, I am having fun looking at houses. It's funny though, instead of looking for a house with the normal things in mind such as a gourmet kitchen or large family room and bedrooms, I'm looking for the home with the best space for a quilting studio. While the other needs are important, and we need to make sure the house has all those things too, I look at every house with a focus on whether or not it has the perfect studio space for me. I know that sounds kind of selfish, but every home we have ever lived in was based on the needs of our children, and while they currently still live with us, they will both probably be on their own within the next five years. Besides, my husband says the next house is for us and what we would like to have for the future. This process is also scary, so say a little prayer for us as we embark on this new chapter in our lives. Thanks for listening, and I hope everyone's new year brings joy and lots of quilting!!!!

God Bless & happy quilting

Archived