What I'm doing with my Oriental swap fabric from last year

This morning I went to my sewing room and turned on some oldies music and decided to take out all of my fat quarters from the swap last year.  I had 40 of them because I was in all four groups.  I cut them into 2 layer cakes, 4 charm packs and 160 strips (2.5x6.5) for a "stacked coins" quilt I want to make.  Pretty nice deal. 

Oma;

Sounds like you had a fun and productive day.  I have a hankering that the little brown fellow will be like your stash...its going to hang around and be part of your family if the owner does not show up.  Great additions all around.  I guess you got a Blessing you were not expecting in more ways than one.

Cagey

I would be tempted to take her off your hands if the owner never shows up....but I am all the way up here in northern Minnesota and the poor thing probably wouldn't know what to do up here...it is currently 18 below zero up here.  I lost one of my dogs just before he turned 13 this fall and my 14.5 yr old girl is doing ok but is really getting like velcro and is running the household insisting we get up around 5 and that bedtime is about 730...tee hee...good thing I am more of a morning person.  I have thought seriously about getting a second dog but don't know how a 14.5 year old queen of the house would take that.  She did boss the other one around (never fought but give him a growl if she disapproved) when he was with us...Miss the little guy.  Lin

Archived