Prewound Newbie Question (again)

kbaumbusch

Now I have another question - when doing a test sew with prewound Glide bobbins before doing an IQ pantograph, do I test it manually?  Or should I do a quick IQ test?  Don't have that much room on the side of quilts to really do much testing with the IQwith IQ especially if it's a big size block. Would that make any difference?  Does this make any sense?  What is the meaning of life?? 

For every quilt that I do, I do a test with a piece of old quilt that I had practiced on in the past.  If the quilt is taking up just about all of my quilting space, I will test it before mounting the quilt.  I know some people will take a piece of fabric and put it on the batting and quilt back but I don't. 

I am not sure what a quick IQ test would be but I just move my quilt sandwich by hand and get a good look on how the needle, thread and bobbin are acting together.

I do about the same as Charlene. I test my tension prior to starting the quilt and then do a drop test with each bobbin change. If I am having a problem with the drop test and can't get another bobbin to work, I'll do a small test next to the quilt. I don't do anything special for the IQ. If your tension is set properly, you shouldn't have any problem with the IQ or free motion quilting.

Archived