Premium Webshots Account

Guest Linda S

I got one to get away from the pop-ups and adds, plus I can put more personal infor (like my business) and have folks look at what I've done.

Linda

Hi Monika,

After years of belonging to Webshots (premium service)--I look at premium service as about as costly as a 1 yr. magazine subscription (I rationalize spending money so well---;) )---Anyhoo, after Webshots changed all their format this past year and added a bunch of chatzy stuff all over the opening page---Yes, even on Premium there is still distracting "stuff, to read.--I made the plunge and literally moved hundreds of images to a new image hosting site:

www.picturetrails.com

You might want to look at what they have to offer. Clean, crisp backgrounds. Wonderful color options. Slideshow options and graphic slideshow. No "stuff", or silly sayings with your ID (that really bugged me the worst about Webshots)---my ID at the top of the page had this silly slogan with it everytime I opened the page....Well, just my opinion. But, do look around at some other image hosting sites. Kodak has a nice one too..... Free and Yearly charges.

I opened a free webshots a few years ago and find it a great place to have my photos. It is well known so gets alot of traffic. The only downside is you and only put 300 photos on your site on the free one and I am beginning to have more photos now as I have my longarm business so I might upgrade to the paid site just so I can have more photos.

How do you know what to subscribe to?? I went to that website Sparkle mentioned ... "picture trails", and there are so many options I don't know where to start. I guess I'm just a klutz at all this or something... How do you wade through the offers to what YOU want???

Guest Linda S

I've been satisfied with Webshots except for one thing: Guestbooks and people. I keep getting messages in my email saying I have a new entry in my guestbook or someone has left me a message. I can never find them! Oh well. I guess I didn't get it to exchange messages, but it does make me curious.

Linda

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from all the pop-ups and ads! ha, ha, ha...

I subscribed to the Premium service just before they made all the changes. Yuck! :( was my opinion but I've stayed there just because of the amount of effort to change and not sure where to change to.

Flickr has beautiful photos (check out these pics from 2006 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show) http://www.flickr.com/photos/dlangshaw/223406548/in/set-72157594249293242/

picturetrails I just heard about recently. photobucket, that's new to me. It would be great if there really was one place most of the quilters posted their photos so we could more conveniently show and share our work with each other.

My computer is quite slow, Webshots is pretty slow, combine the two and it dreads me to sit down and post photos. I really need to upgrade and maybe take a class on all this tech stuff. Hey, maybe someone who is pretty savvy with this could teach a class, like at Innovations....hmmm Any volunteers out there?

Thanks, Eva

Archived