long arm quilting tables

Hi, I am Jo and a newbie to any chat room (Is that what they are called???). I have been piecing quilts for two years now and have even tried to free motion quilt them on my sewing machine. This comes with many frustrations! So I've been thinking about purchasing a long arm just for me...for the fun of it and for a challenge. I find the APQS website and chat rooms very user friendly. So here is my first attempt to asking a question. In comparing the different machines on the website I see the that hydraulic lift table is an option for $1500. When you purchase a long arm machine does it come with a standard table and the hydraulic lift table is an upgrade?

Yes. The table is standard and the hydraulic lift table is and upgrade. I don't have it, but I can see where it would be handy. Personally, it will be a future purchase - I have to go slow and make every penny count right now - but someday.

So, are you leaning toward APQS?? They are a great machine, I highly recommend them. Good luck with what ever you decide - can be a big decision.

Mary Beth

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by Josroak

Hi, I am Jo and a newbie to any chat room (Is that what they are called???). I have been piecing quilts for two years now and have even tried to free motion quilt them on my sewing machine. This comes with many frustrations! So I\'ve been thinking about purchasing a long arm just for me...for the fun of it and for a challenge. I find the APQS website and chat rooms very user friendly. So here is my first attempt to asking a question. In comparing the different machines on the website I see the that hydraulic lift table is an option for $1500. When you purchase a long arm machine does it come with a standard table and the hydraulic lift table is an upgrade?

I don\'t have the hydraulic lift but I\'m only 5FT tall and haven\'t had a need for it yet. My take is if you have the money, get all the nice to have accessories, if not get the basic machine and save for the extras. Just about everything APQS sells can be retro fitted.

Welcome to the site, just ask us all the questions you can think of, someone will have an honest answer. Look around, try out the different machines which will convince you to buy APQS. The customer service cannot be matched and I haven\'t met a "snob" on here yet!! In fact one of the LQS technicians helped me out 1000pm one Sunday night. You won\'t get this service many places.

HI Jo, just to clarify a bit more, the table itself is not different for the hydraulic lift. The hydraulic lift is an additional part you can add to your table to raise or lower it. I have one and have found it useful to prevent strain in my neck and shoulders. Welcome to the forum--lots to learn here. Nancy

I didn\'t get the hydraulic lift because I am under 5\' tall and didn\'t feel it was necessary for me. Maybe you could go to one of the Longarm quilting shows and try one out. There is a show in April in New Hampshire and another one in May in Kansas. I have heard that the vendors are great at these shows and maybe you could get some idea of what is out there. That\'s just a suggestion. Good luck!

Charlotte

I just bought a Millie and didn\'t get the hydraulic lift. I am only 5\'2" tall and am the only one who uses my machine. I do have an adjustable office/drafting stool/chair that I sit on when doing tight quilting. I just figured it would be easier and more economical to adjust my $100 stool than pay $1500 to adjust the entire table. As my husband says " Sometimes people think they need to burn the barn to roast an egg." So, of course, his words of wisdom;) are always foremost in my thoughts when making decisions such as whether or not to get the hydraulic lift.

Archived