Locking Stitches with Superior Threads

What is the secret to locking stitches when using Superior Threads? It seems the stitches want to come undone. I don't have this problem with other threads. Maybe Superior and I just don't get along. I've been 'longarming' a year now and I have had nothing but problems when using Superior. Any input would be appreciated.

Gable

Hi Gable

Its not the brand but the type of thread that sometimes doesn't want to secure properly. Rainbows is a slippery thread so I'd do 4 anchor stitches but I'd only do 3 with any of the cotton threads.

I'd weave in the threads if I was doing a motif and using Rainbows, but if I was using Rainbows and quilting an edge to edge pattern where I stitched off the ends of the quilt, I'd only stitch just past the edge and secure the stitches and not cut through the thread when trimming the quilt for the binding - hope that makes sense.

Using smaller stitches also helps.

Best wishes

suein australia

Caron, thanks for the info. I'll get some. Yuppers... "Old bags who can't see anymore"... well that's me in a nutshell! Seriously, my eyes are really starting to go. I think I need to get me some of those granny glasses. I just finished coloring the roots on my hair and I'm about to say "I"VE HAD ENOUGH!" and let the grey take over (I've been fighting the grey for 10+ years, now).

Archived