Wedding and Retirement in the same week !

Sunday I got married. On Friday this week I retire from teaching. This is my 23rd year in first and second grade. I hear my machine calling me. Does your machine ever call you to come and quilt when you are way for a time and busy doing other things. Ha Ha

I will be going to Kansas city and would love to meet up with anyone who is coming. Cheryll

Hi Cheryll. Congrats on your wedding. And, congrats on your retirement from teaching school. I'm not sure if you ever did your wedding huppa quilt. If so, I would love to see it!! :) I wish I could come to Machine Quilters Showcase, Overland Park, KS this year, but maybe if things work out OK I can meet you and the others some day. Take care and have fun doing the Full Time Quilting Fun with your Ult 2!

Shana

Congratulations on both counts! People always say they are busier in their retirement than they were before it...:)

I will be at the MQS. Taking several classes and demos. Cannot wait!!! I just know it will be a turning point in my quilting career!

Congrats on your marriage and retirement........you have to be enjoying both!! I am going to MQS........I will be staying at Courtyard Marriott across from the Convention Center. I will email you with specifics if you want or you can email me at renaeg@cableone.net.........it would be great to meet up with someone from here....I am excited.....:P

Guest Linda S

Congratulations Cheryl! I am so looking forward to retirement. I can retire in 2 years and two months. I can hardly wait! I think I can do without the marriage thing though. ;)

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations Congratulations, Cheryll!! Yes, my DSM calls to me, or rather the stash does, usually when I'm strung out from something else or feeling life has beat me up (quite often these days). Often it calls when I feel I've accomplished something else that's important to me, kind of like a reward I guess.

Spend time with your machine, I say. But make sure your new hubby doesn't feel left out, LOL!

Archived