Thread/Bobbin question

HI,

yep I use Omni thread...it is a good thread for a newbie......when I first got my Lucey, I wound my own bobbins and as I was using Omni on top....I used OMNI in the bobbin too....don't do that anymore.....you get more thread on the bobbin if you use so fine or bottomline….I usually use so fine and I now often also use the SoFine in the top thread as well.....I did buy a few extra bobbin cases and have adjusted them to each of the bobbin threads I use....so I don't have to mess much with tension adjustments in the bobbin case....I also have tried some of the prewounds...both from superior and filtec...have fun!  

Thank you sewingpup!  I'm in Minnesota too, south of Twin Cities. Where are you?  Thanks for your answer. I have lots of Bottom Line I would like to use up, so will try that in the bobbins.  I got samples of So Fine and Glide and really like them for the top thread. I also got 3 bobbin cases; how do you mark yours so you know what's what?

I am up North by the Big Lake (superior)...and yeppers it has been hot up here for us northerners.....I have one of those plastic multi-drawer clear boxes.....I just put one bobbin case in a drawer and slip a piece of paper into the drawer as to what it is adjusted for....you probably could be a lot fancier.....but I didn't want to figure out how at actually mark the bobbin case itself...and this works fine for me as I just return the current bobbin case to it's little cubby hole and put the other one in...I have been thinking about actually marking the drawers with a bit of tape...but haven't gotten "round" to it.....oh...and I am an advocate for finding a top thread/bobbin thread combo you like....and sticking to it for a while so you can practice and do all the other wonderful things with our machines and not have to continuously mess with bobbin and tension adjustments....using different threads can come later....have fun!  Lin

I use a pencil box. or maybe it's a box designed for bobbins, I can't remember.  I put the bobbin case along with any bobbins wound with the thread the case is adjusted for, in it.  That way I can use up extra bobbin thread if the proper color happens to already be on a bobbin.  I have a box for each different thread and bobbin.  Keeps things convenient and well organized without much effort.  Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I mark my bobbin cases 1,2, or 3, with a permanent marker.  Number 1 being Bottom Line,  2- So Fine, 3- whatever else I may use.  Each threaded bobbin goes into appropriate case with bobbinsI am not using. Works great for me.  If I forget what I have in the machine, I can look at the number on the bobbin case. 

Archived