starting over

Nora I am really sorry that your relationship has faultered so badly. I guess the best way to really make a decision about this is to decide if you want to salvedge your relationship with your husband. I know that my husband and I have our ups and downs and many times do not see eye to eye. In the end I do love him and he is my best friend thru good and bad times. I do have my own dreams and he has his but together we do have dreams as well.

I hope that you find the wisdom to make the right decision for you. I will say this is my second marriage and the first time around I definatly made the right decision to end the marriage and am really happy second time around. Only you know what is right for you.

Nora,

You do have some high obstacles to overcome....and some very tough decisions to make, may God be with you during this time of special needs. You have a specially hard road to walk for a bit, may it be fast and straight.

Guest Smile&nod

The Lord helps those who help themselves. So does the Earth Mother (if that is your particular leaning) :)

This is a tough time for you and you need to stay composed. Stuff that happens behind a person's back is akin to sticking a knife in that back. And its hard to NOT want to get emotional about it. Breaching trust is a HUGE thing to try to overcome...it can happen, but only if you BOTH want it to happen.

Try to make your choice based on what will be best for both, but especially what will be best for you. Its hard to keep emotion out of the equation, but its potentially more disastrous if you make an emotional decision.

And from here on out, until all is finally resolved, be sure to trust, but also verify.

I'll be sending positive thoughts in your direction.

Nora, make sure you let your DH know what you feel like, because sometimes men just plain don't see the nose on their face. Mine is one of them, and I find when I have the capacity to step back and think of a way to talk with him, things are much better. I will pray you find the guidance you're seeking soon!

Nora;

Been reading and following along to understand what is happening with your relationship (your post was very limited as far as what exactly is the problem).

But from my own experience a marriage takes 2 to make it work. There is a lot of compromise, comunication, and knowing when to pick your battles (some things are just not worth fighting over). Anyways you mentioned once before that your DH wanted to help you with your business and you told him that you didn't want his help...is this part of the problem? Is the problem just quilting/ long arm in general, or is there a larger problem unrelated to quilting and longarming?

Whatever the problem or problems are, you need to figure out if you want to save the marriage, do you still love him?

If the answer is yes than you need to talk to your DH and listen to how he feels and what he wants... then the 2 of you need to come to a compromise, fix what has been broken and remember why the two of you got together in the first place.

Hope it all works out the way you want it to.

Joann

Archived