Bliss System

ednarob

I have owned my Millennium since 2008, my question is has anyone added Bliss System to their machine of same or similar age?  I added new M&M wheels last May and I am having problems with them and the movement from side to side, so the next step I thought was adding Bliss System...any thoughts would be of great help..thanks in advance.

I added Bliss to my 2004 Millie the first year it was available. It was a revelation at the added ease of movement. While Bliss will solve your horizontal movement problems (ball bearings instead of wheels on the rails) you might want to try to solve your present wheel problems first. Correctly-adjusted M&M wheels should work well---are you able to adjust the wheels yourself? They can be made looser or snugged tighter and should be adjusted similarly. Make sure the wheels are causing problems with horizontal movement and not an unlevel or torqued frame, dragging cord, thread around the axles, or build-up on the wheels/rails. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply, we are communicating with Angie at APQS but until I hear back from her we are doing everything ourselves, so far we have done everything that you have also suggested.  How does the Bliss System fit my table?  I have a 14' table but wished I had bought the 12', however if I purchase the Bliss System I wonder if should buy a new table or cut down my existing one.

The Bliss includes two rails, front and back, a new carriage with four M&M wheels, and a new tabletop. The swap-out is easy---about two hours with two people. If you order the 12' Bliss conversion, you'll get everything new from leg to leg so you will only need to have the rollers cut down because everything will be 12' long. You can cut all four rollers or just three if you remove the top front roller. Contact a welder or machine shop for an estimate. You would then need a brake attachment (like the Texas Holdem) for your brake. That would be the easiest and least expensive way to cut the size of the frame. Your 14' rails can be recycled unless you have a use for them. My hubby used them for shelving.

• 6 months later...

Just reading your response regarding the bliss rails.

I’ve always been curious as to what was actually included.

If ordering the bliss rails, do you get the carriage, table and the wheels as per your comments and  is this what you pay $1,000 for?

I wasn’t sure what all was included.

thanks

Sunny Quilter, the Bliss upgrade depends on the age of your table - older ones get brand-new rails, newer ones get just the Bliss rod to install in the Bliss-ready rails on the table. All Bliss upgrades include a new (narrow) carriage or axles only for the carriage if you already have the narrow carriage, plus new Lexan table top.