Printed Treasure Sheets

I have a question for you gals. I want to make a photo quilt. I have some Printed Treasures sheets. "ALL" the photo quilts I have quilted have those awful shiney pictures on them. If I use the Printed Treasure sheets the pictures won't be shiney. Is there a reason people don't use these sheets instead of the shiney finish??? The picture on the front of the Printed Treasure package shows pictures on the sheets. Anyone have a problem with these? Please advise

I just did a t-shirt quilt and the customer wanted some of the girls picutures on the quilt too. The Printed Treasures worked perfect - not shiney. The only thing that I could think of is that they are a little costly, would be why people don't use them. I think they are worth it. I would think those others would peel off after a time.

I had two different types of sheets, one was terribly hard to get the paper off the back, but I think it was the other brand and not Printed Treasures.

The "Printed Treasures" brand is really the best. However, sometimes local sources don't have "Printed Treasure", and that Joann's 40% coupon is too tempting ---so some quilters buy June Taylor's photo image transfer sheets--which in my opinion are one of the worst, and the results are shiney-plastic looking.

However, I have a whole new online source of photo transfer sheets that is just as good, and of equal quality as "Printed Treasures" ---and they are less expensive. :)

"Miracle Fabric Sheets" by C. Jenkins. They can be purchased online at http://softexpressions.com

in various pkg. sizes. The more you buy---the less you pay.

I use them all the time---and the results are soft. No shine. Very prompt shipping too.........

Wonderful!! I absolutely hate the shiney stuff.

Sparkle----I'm going to order some of the sheets you wrote about. Worth a try.

But, I sure like the way the Printed Treasures work up. These aren't the ones that Mary Beth tried I hope. The ones that were hard to peel? Did you have a problem??

I have used the Bubble Jet Set and Rinse but don't know how they work over time. I have only used them for labels and in one color. Kind of a pain to do all that.

I couldn't tell any difference between "Printed Treasures" and the "Miracle Sheets" by C. Jenkins. If you have a problem peeling off backings from fabric sheets just use a straight pin and very lightly score the backing paper and peel it off. Sometimes it helps to not try to start the peeling process at the corner of the transfer sheet. I use the "Mircle Sheets" for making name tag kits for our guild members with logo and names. I can assure you they are soft, pliable.

Shana -- We use the Bubble Jet quite often, everything from photo quilts, to dedications and quilt stories. As long as you follow the directions, in sequence, and make sure the paper is pressed securely to the fabric, it works wonderfully. Also a lot cheaper than Printed Treasures.

John and Shere Machado

I have used Bubble Jet Set and have had wonderful results. I always cut my fabric just a little smaller than my freezer paper and don't have problems with threads getting caught. I also use the rinse and these are washable too. I am in the process of doing two memory quilts right now. Another little tool that I like when doing photo quilts is a proportional scale. This lets you resize your pictures without messing up so many times. Once you use it you won't do without it when copying your pictures. Hope this helps!

Those of you who use the Bubble Jet Set...I know there are two different bottle of solution, do you use the second bottle also? I think it is suppose to set the ink. When I purchased my bottle of Bubble Jet Set the LQS owner said that she didn't think the second bottle of solution was necessary.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Those of you who use the Bubble Jet Set...I know there are two different bottle of solution, do you use the second bottle also? I think it is suppose to set the ink. When I purchased my bottle of Bubble Jet Set the LQS owner said that she didn't think the second bottle of solution was necessary.

So do you all use the 2nd step or just the Bubble Jet Set??

I only used the first Bubble Jet set solution and never had any problems. It is a pain to iron and cut the fabric accurately and my printer was not happy with the "home made" stuff. I found the prepared sheets from EQ to be really good. They are a bit pricey by the package, so I sell them by the sheet. I do quilt labels with this and customers are always amazed at the color and softness of the fabric.

Archived