George is posessed.

susan_55

I LOVE George! But today when I stepped over to the ironing board, he started slowly quilting all by himself. I turned the main power switch off and back on again and it didn't start going by itself again. But then it started stitching by itself about 1/2 hour later again. This had happened a couple of times before when I let my foot off the pedal and he kept on stitching slowly until I turned off the power switch. But this is the first time he's taken it upon himself to quilt when I wasn't even sitting at the machine. I'm thinking maybe there's a short somewhere or it's a computer problem? Any thoughts?

As a George owner, are you describing the needle going up or down or making a single full cycle when you say it is "stitching by itself"?

If so, I would try warming up your machine and then adjusting the needle up down button.

I think this video might help a bit, https://www.apqs.com/needle-adjustment-fluorescent-fight-machines-video/

Best of luck fixing your ghost George.

Cagey

Thanks, Cagey. I will certainly try that adjustment, as I have been doing a lot of quilting lately. It's *possible* that will fix the problem. But this is what has happened twice:

I had the machine powered on and had gotten up to do some ironing, and several minutes after I got up the machine suddenly started sewing. I heard the motor go on and the needle was going slowly up and down and up and down, like someone was slowly quilting. It didn't stop until I turned off the power switch.  And one time, I turned the power switch on just to test it while I was using my other machine. I had not even used George, and about an hour after I turned the power on, I heard the motor start up and the needle was slowly sewing again. I know he's eager to do his job, but that's overkill! :)