Top Thread Breaks at the End of Every Row or in Tight Turns?

I have a 2003 Millennium and I am using Glide thread top and bottom as recommended by the dealer I purchased from. It has about 12 hours on since it was serviced. I have always and forever had a problem with the top thread breaking when I stop OR in tight turns. Doesn't matter if the stitch regulator is on or off. The bobbin thread is snapped close to the bobbin and the end is usually shredded. The top thread has usually blown out of the thread guides and is laying loose before the side-mounted pigtail loop.

Thus far I have changed out the needle and rethreaded (soooooo many times, but I still look at the instruction manual every time to be sure). I wonder a little if it has to do with the operator because it happens to my friend every single time she stops (not even kidding about that) and while it happens to me, it happens less frequently. I asked the service person about this and other problems and that was, unfortunately, unproductive. I'm gun-shy to drop another $300 and not have anything resolved. "I don't see anything wrong" is an unacceptable approach to troubleshooting something that as been going on for the almost 8 years I have owned it.

My frustration is through the roof and I would like to sell the machine but obviously I would not sell it without getting this fixed. Has anybody else experienced this? The instruction manual has a page list of things to check in the troubleshooting section for top-thread breakage but it doesn't tell you how to troubleshoot any of the items. I have ruled out some of them but a burr in the needle plate or a burr in the hook are two I have not. I can't see anything and again, when I asked, the service person said they didn't think so.

The kind people at APQS have helped with other things and have had me send videos to try help troubleshoot. I don't know what to take a video of. I can hear the thread snapping when the machine stops but I can't see anything.

I would love any thoughts people might have. Thanks so much in advance.

You mention Glide.  Have you tried other brands of thread?

It rather sounds as though you may have a burr somewhere.  If you try running a nylon stocking (if you have one) over the areas where the thread is breaking you may be able to find the area that is snagging your thread.

If you haven't tried using some kind of thread conditioner that may be worth a try.  If you are winding your own bobbins try drizzling a conditioner down the sides of the cone of thread before you wind your bobbins.  I have used mineral oil with some success.

It has probably already been suggested, but try slowing down on your turns.

I hope that you are able to get to the root of the problem.  It must be very frustrating.

You don't say what you have done to set/adjust tensions.  Set the bobbin tension first using either the drop method or a Towa gauge.  If you don't have a gauge, lay the bobbin case flat in your hand and pull the thread.  You should be able to pull the bobbin case up so it stands up but there's not enough tension to lift off or your hand.  Then set the top tension so the threads lock in the middle of the quilt.  

Are you using prewound bobbins?  If so, have you removed the backlash spring from the bobbin case?  

https://www.apqs.com/taming-thread-woes/  

https://www.apqs.com/why-is-my-thread-breaking/

I assume you have eliminated the possibility of burrs anywhere.  Now try another stronger thread (I use YLI Longarm Professional) and see if the problem continues.  I've always had problems with Glide breaking on me, and as a result, I don't often use it.  You might also try using a different type needle.  Sometime back I switched from the Groz-Beckert MR needles to Schmetz SERV 7 needles.  They have performed a good bit better for me than the MR's. It's certainly worth a try.   Maybe a bit inconvenient, but a lot less trouble than selling your machine.  Glide is an embroidery thread, and not really designed for long arm quilting.  Lots of people use it with success, but it's not really meant for that use.  Good luck.  Jim