Sorry, a mom has to brag

My son made this quilt for a 4-h project. It is his second quilt that he has made. He recieved a Reserved Grand Champion Ribbon (2nd place). He pieced and quilted the top. I did the binding for him. We were a little short on time since he didn't start until Sunday evening and I finished the binding Wednesday, a 1/2 hour before we needed to leave for the fair.

I was standing near by so that I could hear what the judge was asking him. She asked him who quilted it and when he told her that he did she said that it looked professional. He was smiling about that all day.

Sorry, I just had to share. I am so proud.

Angela

Red Leaf Quilting

post--13461898307615_thumb.jpg

Angela, NOOOO need to apologize here! You're among proud moms and grandmoms and pops and grandpops. Your son is a little cutey for sure, and boy did he do great work! You have every reason to be proud and deserve to brag about him. Thank you for sharing this too!

Brag all you want Angela.......you deserve to do just that!!!:D He did a great job and I am going to show this to my GS and get him to make another one........well, maybe my GD she is more into quilting. But they each have made a quilt for their mom and day 2 yrs ago just need to get them started again. Sadie wants to use grandma's quilting machine..:P

Angela, It is great. Did he have a specific purpose in mind for the quilt when he chose the fabrics and pattern? It looks like it would be a nice wall hanging, or maybe a gift for a special friend or grandparent.

He should be very proud of himself. Which machine do you have?

Satu,

He actually was going to do a different log cabin pattern that was by Marti Mitchell (sorry spelling) but he would get frustrated everytime we would try to start on it. So he had the fabric bought for that, we choose together. At the last minute I borrowed a Quilt in a Day book for my MIL and he picked out that pattern and was able to follow without much help from me.

Teresa,

Hate to say it being on this sight but I have a gammill. Not sure what he will do with it when we get it back.

THANK YOU, everybody for the wonderful feedback. When we went to the fair to see how him and his brother did it was his birthday so, what a great present for him. He just turned 10. Hope it inspires other kids his age when they see this.

Angela

Archived