apqs with pcq

I have 2 pc quilters studio models. I converted my apqs to ride on top of the platform, as well as the side mount method, both ways work beautifully. I converted my mothers big long arm Nolting to a side mount as well, it works beautifully as well. Since my pcq contract states nothing about side mount or any condition with modification of the carriage itself, I did it.

I am not a business, I am a quilter who believes that if you own it it's yours to do with what you want, don't be bullied by the man.

My pcqs are way past warrenty so I'll do with them as I please, and if anyone else wants to side mount their longarms, more power to them. I would be glad to give out the instructions for the side mount long arms, it's very simple.

Quilt-on

Michaelalan

michaelalanpaul@comcast.nethttp://classicquilter.com

• 6 months later...

Michael,

I have just been looking into a pcq with a competitors small machine , to hook up to the pcq. I bought it used and I have a computer and machine is lighter then the Voyager that can go on it. But I have a different longarm. How can I find out about it? email me or u2u Nita

I use the sidemount with one bolt on the front of the pcq and base of the apqs and the laser mount bar on the side, no puck, stitch regulated with the side mount or un-regulated if she rides on top, the pcq regulates then, No wiring modifications to the APQS, I just hit the APQS button with the regulator on then the hit the pcq button, the APQS will turn itself off automatically when the pcq stops....:cool: before I went SR I had just the plain standard UII motor, the pcq regulates by constant speed, you just set the apqs speed....:):cool:

I\'ve used many machines on my pcq\'s, just about any machine will work, it\'s the throat space that\'s my need....I have used many DMs 7" to 11" but wanted more space so I just use my longarm via side mount for the little things, when I do E2E I just put my UII on top of the pcq and use it like that unregulated....I didn\'t have a regulater when I first got my pcq, I had no problem wiring the pcq to the apqs to turn the apqs on and off when the pcq started and stopped. I was answering Pat when Nita also wrote in, so I hope I\'ve helped you both. I\'ll have to post some pics in my web shots space later this week...:cool::)

Archived