Towa Gage How To Video

Mary Beth

Originally posted by hmerrill

Thanks Mary Beth. I guess I'm going a little loose since I've found 17 - 18 to be my perfect stitch. I may try it cranked up to 20 and see if it gets even better!

Heidi

Remember that this video was giving the range for an embroidery machine which is going to be different than our machines. I found that my Millie likes to be about 17-18. Each machine is different and you need to find out what works best for your particular machine. I found this by trial and error!:mad:

Thanks Mary Beth. :)

I sort of have a "love~hate" relationship with my Towa Bobbin Tension gauge. You know how there are dozens of toasters to choose from, or coffee makers---I wish there were at least 5 or 6 "Tension Gauge" manufacturers as I find the Towa (the lonely little tension gauge)---comes with very little instruction for a newbie, is often unreliable, and somewhat inaccurate in that it depends on me-- "the human factor"--- to have to exact "hand pulling" power each and every time. After a good work out of 20 reps with my 2 lb. weights--I can really pull the thread quite hard and fast! ;)

If there ever was a product that needed a bit of commercial competition --this is it. I have found a lot of my "bad bobbins" with this gadget, and I do use it---but, I have a real "trust issue" with the Towa. (---like It lies sometimes):o

I'm hoping someone out there is developing a "real" gauge---something that does not depend so much on me and my eyesight and hand pull, and wondering was that a 18 or was it a 17, no I think it was 20---- and I have wasted a ton of thread pulling to find out.

Thanks for the video---at least someone was thoughtful enough to make a video---even if it was for machine embroidery, which BTW I have never felt the need to use a Towa Bobbin Gauge for---and I have done machine embroidery for years. But, it was helpful to see someone else pull the thread and get a bouncing "tension" number.;)

I still have not watched the video yet. I love my Towa gage - beats the heck out of the drop method...which for me is exactly that - I drop the bobbin right out of the case and it rolls across the floor then I spend half my time in the "duck and cover" position trying to find my bobbin :D

I usually set my bobbins at arount 18 for my Millie, so that sounds about right with what everyone is saying here.

Archived