Quilt-EZ or CL??? HELP!

I have read all I can, and i'm still not sure. From what i understand is Circle Lord is great for blocks and things like that. And they of course have the continuous patterns as well. But so does Quilt-EZ. If I was just looking for continuous patterns and some basic block designs which is going to be my best solution. Some say Quilt-EZ, but others say once I get this CL it will open my eyes to what I could do. But that price is so high! Even when I do others quilts, it's still hard to justify that price. Any help would be much appreciated.

Take a look at R&S pattern boards on the Bayside Quilting website. This system is similar to the EZ quilt product but less expensive. I am a happy user--I have the baptist fan design. All the systems use a stylus and Bayside will let you know which one you will need for your machine. Happy hunting for the best system for you.

I'm a CL fan, and I realise that the expense can quickly turn you off of it. However, keep in mind that Michael will let you have it for 1 year no interest payments, and that worked out nicely. I've had a really good time with mine, and recently met a new friend who tried it out and said "I've got to get one of those." She doesn't even have her machine yet, was trying my girl on for size. (she bought one!)

Good luck with your decision.

Beth

I must say that if you try the CL big templates you don't need the 700 unit just a template for 99. The swirls one will make you feel so good because it looks fantastic especially with some King Tut thread. I had such a blast doing the Swirls I did two in a row of my own and I was so thrilled with the results. It is a lot of money. My feeling is if a man liked a tool or toy and it gave him great joy would he labor over the price if he could swing it financially? I say not. It's your Harley or your Bass boat.

I just finished a charity quilt tonite w/the CL and "Star Dance". I will do it on a customer quilt tomorrow. It doesn't take many quilts to have a large template paid for. I just ordered the cable. At my age, life is short and I'm enjoying it as much as I can. With the CL, Michael is always coming out w/new template designs. I think he has done three this year. The CL will never be obsolete unless you get a CQ. I don't have a spare 13 thousand dollars. I'd rather have a studio for that price.

I have the Circle Lord and then purchased the R&S pattern boards from the people who make them. I like the CL but for quick blocks and edge-to-edge the rns pattern boards are wonderful and very inexpensive with no learning curve. Just plop and go things. rns-design.com is the website and I use patterns from both the midarm and the longarm pages.

Guest Linda S

I love the Circle Lord and believe you can get just about endless possibilities with it. The Quilt EZ is a nice tool, but there are stabilization issues on the table and it's more WYSYWYG - what you see is what you get. The Circle Lord is very easy to use, stays put securely on the table and has wonderful design possibilities. Plus, Michael keeps coming up with great new templates!

Linda

I would just like to say that I held out for a long time before I bought my CL. I too thought they were very expensive and could not justify the cost. Yes, my DH loves to fish and has a boat that is falling apart. He is not just a fisherman...but when we married he was a bass fisherman in tournaments Sunday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's. Since we married what I want is what we get. Wow, that sounds bad :o Never thought about it till I just said it. Anyway, the bassboat thing doesn't work at out house...Anyway, I sold another system that I had and didn't use and bought the CL. That was the best move I have ever made. Honestly, I love my CL and would not be without it. However, saying that, this is a personal decision. You need to get the system that you can afford or can justify with your business income. I have found that I can quilt faster with the CL than I can a pantograph and I love the results.

Just do what is best for you. Check out all of the systems out there and what people are saying about them. Also, take a look at the systems that are up for resale. You might see a pattern there too that would help you decide.

Good luck with your decision, I know it can be a tough decision to make.

Mary Beth

Archived