steamer

Berny

I usually put my backing on, then use my steam iron to iron it. My iron is very heavy and my shoulder is giving out. I thought that I would look into buying a steamer as the water would be in the base and wouldn't be as heavy. Does anyone use a steamer?? If so, how does it work and which brand do you suggest??

Thanks,

Berny

I've got a Rowenta iron with the water in the base. Base sits on the floor, and the iron is so much lighter. Holds gallons of water too! The iron doesn't steam unless I push the trigger under the handle, so when I'm trying to use the iron tip to open a seam, I'm not getting a steam facial at the same time. However, when you do want steam, that puppy could make a Sharpei dog smooth!

Beth

Berny,

I dont' have either of these (I got mine before the store), but after selling the Shark products at a Quilt store...we sold the Steamer, and the Iron... I can honetly say that anything "Shark" is a good buy. A bit more costly, but they are heavy and very durable...you can't go wrong for yourself or your money.

I saw a nice-looking new steamer on TV - its called the TOBI and the demonstrations were impressive. They say its professional quality, yet light weight. I don't know how it compares in cost to other steamers. I think the TOBI is around $120.

Best Wishes

Suzanne Moreno, Digitizing Instructor

Digitizing for CompuQuilter Course Book and Lessons

cqdigi@charter.net

541.660.8053 in Grants Pass, Oregon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Thank-you for all your suggestions. We went shopping in Great Falls. Unfortunately I had a choice of two - The Shark and the Rowenta. I went with the Shark as on Joann\'s website two customers said that the end of their steamer broke off.

I will try mine today.

Thanks again.

Berny

Archived