Retrofitting light for better visibility

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know, the reason that you get oil

pooling there, is due to over-oiling the wicks on top!!!

It is better to much then not enough, however, if you touch the wicks and they are wet, then don't oil them and that will

eliminate that problem!!!!

I will be out of the office after today (Thurs.) and won't

be back in until next Wed.. as I'm going to Oregan, to teach maintanance!!!! Mark will be in on Mon.. (he is at a show now) Mike will be here on Fri....

Hope you all have a Great rest of the week and weekend!!!! I know I will, unless the hot-air ballon I'm going in crashes!! LOL

Later

• 1 year later...

my husband made me custom lights take a peek.....

http://www.deloasquiltshop.com/longarmaccessories.html

the lights have a outlet to plug the bobbin winder in as well as the motorized feed. also they have a plug mounted mid way to plug the machine into. all my cords are now up off the floor and it is really sharp, i never realize what i was missing, no glare at all, no more eye strain.

Cathey,

I had my husband move mine. He had to extend the wire in order for it to reach the back. I tried the industrial strength velcro and that only lasted for a few days at a time, plus the light was wobbly, so it was like quilting with "disco" lighting. :D

He took 2 small angled brackets (angle irons?) and screwed one side to the light (after drilling new holes) and screwed the other end to the screws at the back of the machine. It is angled to the front so more light shines there rather than straight down and to the back.

Here is a photo.

Patty

post--13461898308442_thumb.jpg

Archived