Netherlands and Houston.....

ClaudiaPfeil

Hey all.......only a few minutes and Myrna and I will go to the airport!

We´ve arrived yesterday evening from a wonderful show in the Netherlands...here you can watch a movie the local television has sent: http://www.ed.nl/video/regionieuws/

The movie is in dutch, but don´t worry - we all speak "patchwork";):D

Gone packing.......

see you soon.....

Claudia

Cool! The big kimono was interesting (perfect size for the big bad sumo wrestler! (LOL!), and of course, I recognized your colorful quilt. I enjoy seeing the "patchwork" and quilting that is done in other parts of the world. Very nice. A friend of mine, Martine, who lives in Ardeche, France (she has a small farm and Arabian horses there) she recently visited me in Alaska. She shared with me some of her quilting and it is lovely, and she gave me some patchwork magazines all in French; although I could not read them, I enjoyed the photos very much. All parts of the world have their different styles and I appreciate the diversity of quilters everywhere.

Thanks for sharing, Claudia. You and Myrna enjoy your trip over the ocean back to the states. :)

OK Claudia and Myrna,

It was great seeing you (as well as Philippe and Edith) again, here in our own country :) and to see your beautiful quilts and Myrna\'s easy going freemotion work on the Milliie is always a pleasure :)

If I\'m still in time: have a great flight to Houston! Give our best regards to all our friends.

Hugs

from Loes and the Flying Dutchman - Henkie Theo :)

Hi Claudia, Myrna and everybody!!

In fact in the movie Ada is talking about your quilt, Claudia, as her favorite!

She loves the design, colours, the workmanship and the glitter!!

Something went completely wrong with the judging in this show, there was no longarmer among the judges.... Claudia should have got a ribbon for her quilt, Birgit Schuellers customerquilt got 2nd in the category "Longarm" but her name wasn´t mentioned in the description of the quilt...

Long way to go in European Quiltshows!

I\'m very very thankful to APQS!!!!

For the first time they awarded a longarmquilt in this show and picked my quilt "Pavo Cristatus" !!!

Thank you to Myrna and Phillip and to APQS!

Please enjoy Huston for me!!

Greetings

Annette :)

Claudia,

Should you get a chance to check out this forum form your Houston hotel - as promised, here\'s the information on the EQC Viewer\'s Choice award: Bennelong Point - Sydney 2006 by Ans Schipper-Vermeiren. I would have loved to send different news...

Annette,

Your peacock is fantastic. However, although the pictures are great, nothing beats having seen it in person!

Thanks for the report on EQC and congratulations again for your special award.

All,

The following picture shows my customer and myself in front of her 2nd place winner (over here, the 2nd place gets the blue ribbon, 1st place gets a red, 3rd place a green...).

Birgit

post--13461898680432_thumb.jpg

Annette,

Thank you for posting your awesome quilt. It was very creative and the quilting was fantastic. You earned the APQS sponsor award. I was glad to have seen it in person, photos are good but do not do it justice. I loved it!

I also want to congratulations to Elke on her third place winner. YEAH ELKE you did a fantastic quilt.

The viewers choice was also a wonderful quilt.

It was great to see more longarm quilts in the EQC this year. I know it is just in the baby stage and will continue to grow. It is all very exciting for me to see. As longarm quilting is so new in Europe it is hard for judges to judge this category. It would be nice to have a longarm quilter or someone that knows what they are judging. The judges chose what they felt to be award winners and it is a hard job. I hope longerarms will continue to compete and bring longarm quilting to the public and educate those that do know know about it. It was wonderful for me to be there for the second year, I will have to add jet lag kicked my butt this year. I am now in Houston and ready for the show. I went to the awards last night. AWESOME> I mean AWESOME.

Myrna

I´m just back from Houston and what a wonderful surprise!:D:D:D I´ve won second place of "Public Choice" at the European Quiltchampionships in the Netherlands!

Needless to say that I´m soooooooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyyy!:D:D:D

But a little sad too - I´m missing already all my friends there across the ocean! It was a greeeeaaaat show and a wonderful exciting experience! Wonderful quilts,friendly and patient people!( I was really admiring how patient everyone was lining up to get into the hall in the morning!!!)

Ok ok......it was expensive too*lol* and I had to pay a fee for having to heavy luggage;) - but who cares??? I bought enough stuff and I will share it with my friends tomorrow in my shop - they are already soooo curious!:cool:

Have a great day.... jumping in my bed right now!

Miss you all and hugs to my friends!:D

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

Glad you\'re back home again! Congratulations on winning the 2nd Visitor\'s Choice of the European Championships!

Now take that well-deserved rest ..... but no longer than 1 hour, because you have to start preparing your own Christmas show!!!

See you on the 17th of November. I have already announced on my website that I will be at Quilt & Co on the17th, so better rent a huge expo hall :)

Hugs

Loes

That is great and absolutely well deserved, Claudia!

And I\'m glad that they changed the website to include all of the Viewer\'s Choice prizes and the special awards.

When you get a chance, please pass my congratulations on to Hildegard and Elke as well for having taken Viewer\'s Choice 3rd prize!

Good to have you back safe and sound in "the old world".

BIrgit

Yeah!!

smiling faces all over!

Congratulations Claudia, Elke and Hildegard!

Ich freue mich riesig mit euch!

Hope to see you soon...

I can´t make it to your Christmas Show Claudia, we do have our exhibition in Wuppertal Beyernburg.

Wish you a good "recovering" from Houston and more energy for the next hurdles!

Annette

Archived