this is getting irratating

I cannot figure this out....my tension is good, but, my bobin thread keeps breaking..it seams to spin, wrap around the shaft,or the little finger thingy...I go for a little while and I hear the bobbin rattle,thread breaks,,,,I am using Superior thread top and bottom, on the TOWA I have it at 18/19 I have a millie..I am using the metal bobbins,,,and I have used many different ones...what it going on????? I am so fustrated,,an 1 hour job took me half the day.............I would so appriciate any suggestions on this.......thanks

Is the bobbin springy thingy (prongs/fingers) needing to be re-sprung?

Take out the spring using a scrwedriver, dab a little bit of wd-40 on a q-tip and wipe out the bobbin area real good to get any tiny spot of gunk out, then dab a wee bit of oil on the end of a clean q-tip and smear around inside the back area where the spring goes with a qtip. Before you reinsert the springy thingy, push out the prongs (fingers) with the screwdriver. Make sure the spring is seated in there all the way. It should snap in place. See if that helps. Good luck.

Yep yep yep.....do what Shana said and your Back Lashing will stop....just be very careful when you bend those little springy things back into place that you don\'t get carried away...they are pretty fraggle and will break. Ya can get another one if that does happen, but you will be down a couple days....so be VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY careful.

Mary- thats true!!!

Well, while I waited to Mark to call me back...I thought I will bend them springy things in the bobbin case again,,so I did that and I loosend the top tension..quess what..:D:):D It Works!!!!!!! I can make a path with out all that mess....Thanks again for the help!!!! and it made Mark happy that I figured it out..I orderd an extra bobbin case- just in "Case"

Archived