Looking for A Good Book and Information

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the chance to see the book by Patricia Berry, ABCs of Longarming. I think it is the best book on the market. It is written for any kind of machine and has extremely easy information for anyone to follow. I think that the dealerships should give one of these books to each person who buys a machine. For what we pay for the machines I think they could spare the expense. It is definately my pick for a beginner. Goodluck!!!

Kelly

Mille owner

ABC\'s of Long Arm Quilting by Patricia Berry

Linda Taylors Ultimate Guide to Long Arm Quilting

Darlene Epps Trio of Books

Freehand Feathers, Borders and Sashing by Linda Mae Diny

Friendly Freehanding by Diana Phillips of Cozy Creations

Line Dancing by Diana Phillips of Cozy Creations

Videos, Videos, Videos---any long arm videos you can veiw over and over again. It\'s great to watch the quilter at the frame actually doing what they do best.

Right now I\'m really into watching Sharon Schamber Videos on her Free Site, and I also purchased some of her Videos. She is also has many free short videos on U-Tube.

Karen McTavish has some really good videos as well.

Pam Clark videos are great too....

Also, if you haven\'t already--- buy yourself a drawing tablet, and a small lap size dry erase board to practice designs on . While you look at designs in book or watch videos you can practice drawing the designs over and over again on the paper or dry erase board.

Have fun with your new Lennie!

Hi Sally,

To make things a bit easier for you, here are a couple of direct links.

Pocket Guides to Freehanding and Heirloom Feathers ~ Freehand, Formal & Fanciful by Darlene Epp

http://www.trilliumhousedesigns.com/PocketGuidesToFreehanding.htm

Some of the other books you can find at

http://www.longarmsupplies.com

Don´t forget Dawn Ramirez DVD Pajama quilting for newbies. I believe is a must for begginners and not so beginners.

Originally posted by SallyMyers

After three years and eight quilts on my Bernina, I purchased the new Lenni at Houston Quilt Festival. I would love to find a good book(s) to get ready for delivery in January. Suggestions appreciated.

Sally

Archived