Pounce chalk vs Miracle chalk

Guest Linda S

I like the Miracle Chalk the best too. I put Miracle Chalk in my pounce instead of the regular white chalk. I never use the blue chalk, because I can't get it out.

Linda

I recently purchased a quilt and it has the blue chalk on it. It has never been washed. How do I remove the blue chalk? I do not want to wash it because I fear the hot/warm water may set the chalk in the quilt. PLEASE send me some suggestions that have worked for you. Thanks...

BPryor404@aol.com

I recently purchased a quilt and it has the blue chalk on it. It has never been washed. How do I remove the blue chalk? I do not want to wash it because I fear the hot/warm water may set the chalk in the quilt. PLEASE send me some suggestions that have worked for you. Thanks...

BPryor404@aol.com

Guest Linda S

I know some folks have had success in getting the blue out. Some use a little hand-held vacuum I think. Depending on the kind of chalk, you may be able to brush it out. If I need to mark white (or very light) fabric, I use the Clover pink pen with the eraser or I use the Dritz Mark-B-Gone pen. I've never had much success with the blue chalk.

Linda

• 4 months later...

I need advice. I used Miracle Chalk on a quilt I'm making for my mother in law. It's made with hand-dyed fabrics. I used Miracle Chalk, which worked great, but I want to wash the quilt before I give it to my mother-in-law.

Does anyone know if I will have any problems washing the quilt since I used the Miracle Chalk on it. Any advice would be appreciated very much.

Thank you.

You can also get the same stuff from Full Line Stencils. She calls it "The Ultimate Pounce Powder". It is a type of Taylors chalk and has been around in the garment business for a loooong time!

You do not have to steam the quilt to remove the chalk. If you plan on washing your quilt, it washes out fine.

While you are checking out www.fulllinestencil.com check out her awsome stencils. I AM affiliated as I designed many of them.

Myrna - Yes, I did steam it off. I loved the Miracle Chalk and will definitely continue using it. I was just worried about the affect it might have on the quilt.

Linda - Thanks for the steamer idea. I had thought about it and wondered if that would work. My iron sometimes spits out water and it makes me nervous.

I really appreciate all the support, advice, and info you all supplied. Thank you.

• 7 months later...

Hi friends,

I am going to order the ultimate Ponce in white and blue but kind of confuced now that I see a few of you mentioned Miracle chalk Is this the same product but a different name.

I worked at a tailor shop and remembered the chalk markers that disappears under steam.darnet I wish I had thought that idea up.I wonder if a tailor supply would sell chalk.

laura first time poster

• 1 month later...

Archived