Where I've been

Hi everybody.

I've been kind of lurking lately; just because I've been so busy.

Since the middle of October I've been crazy at work. We did the Halloween play the 9th of OCtober and we have a Christmas play on Dec. 14th. Of course the school board wouldn't approve the play I bought, because it referenced the birth of Jesus and the real reason for the holiday. *Public school, you know.

SO, I had to write a play for the kids. We've been rehearsing until 5 three days a week, and I still have to do sets and costumes.

And, my son's FFA chapter has been building their float for the Christmas parades. I haven't gone over there to help all that much, but I've been running him back and forth and going to get supplies and stuff.

On top of all that, I''ve been sick the last couple of weeks with some bacterial infection. It started out as a sinus infection, went into my throat and I have felt awful. 10 days of antibiotics later I still feel weak and achy. At least I can talk again now, just in time to go back to work tomorrow.

Throw Thanksgiving and all it's preparations; and Christmas shopping into the mix. That's why I've been absent lately.

I promise to try to keep in touch at least once a week or so. I know I get very worried when somebody is missing for a while.

So glad everybody is so busy with quilting and getting ready for the holidays. My holiday wish is that none of my friends (yeah, that's all of you ) has any more hardship or sadness. It seems like it's been a very hard year, but I'm glad we've had some happy miracles after all the angst.

Teresa,

We have missed you and I am sorry to hear that you have been sick, that can really put a person down fast. When a person is busy with children it takes a lot of time running them here and there. I am beyond that now, our children are grown. Now we have 7 Grand children and we have run them here and there as the parents worked. Now they are getting into the teens, our oldest Granddaughter is (28 yrs ) and we are expecting a Great Grandbaby any day. How time flies, enjoy them while you can.:)

Jean

Mille

Hi Therea;

Glad you\'re hanging in there. I hope that your illness subsides soon so you can enjoy the rest of the holidays still to come.

Also good luck on that Christmas play! My kids are in public schools and so far we we have been very lucky...we live in a large mormon area so unlikely that anyone would object to the occasional refference to God at the schools.

Glad to see you Teresa.

Sorry to hear about your play. I\'m glad my children are out of school. It wasn\'t as bad when they were in school but it was just starting to get bad as they appoached graduation. At least in my community. I wouldn\'t put a child in public school if I had to do it again. I feel for the teachers dealing with the disrespect they encounter these days.

Happy Holidays to you and Bless you for being a teacher!!!

Hugs Grammie

Thanks Jean and Joann and Tammie. I think I\'ve just tired myself out by doing too much. I know I\'ll feel better after I slow down. The 15th of December will be the day everything lightens up a bit. I really need to make time to concentrate on my quilting business. Now that I actually have a repeat customer (who I\'m hoping will spread the word to her friends) I feel a bit more confident with my quilting. I\'m working on a plan to get a different machine; and I\'m planning on entering more competitions in 2008. I\'m determined to make this quilt business work, it just seems like I need many more hours in my day to have time to fool with it.

Well, thanks for posting. I have been wondering about you and where you\'ve been! :) Sounds like your school play is going well...lots of hard work but all that will pay off in the end. Good for you! Sorry to hear you got an infection. I am knocking on wood I haven\'t gotten real sick in over a year and hope it stays that way.

PS: I am glad you are also digging in with strong intentions on your quilting business; onward and upward goals for 2008. Good for you! You are one of my heroes, Teresa! Many blessings to you, my friend.

Hey, Teresa, I\'m glad to hear there is another teacher/quilter in this group. I\'m a true newbie. I teach 3rd grade and every year we read THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER. I love the book because it has the Christmas story from the book of Luke. Every year I have the students make a class mural as the story progresses and they never fail to make a manger scene. Of course, since it is the students\' project and not mine the powers that be don\'t object.

What I\'m wondering is how in the world you manage teaching AND a quilting business. I am in awe.

Teresa,

Sorry to hear that you have been so sick. It is no fun being sick any time of the year, but especially now with all of the festivities going on...no fun at all!! It is really hard to get over all that stuff....It sounds like the same thing I had just after Jen was married. I was sick for 2 months and 9 prescriptions later they finally got me over it. At least we didn\'t have holidays in there.

Hope you are back at it very soon and feeling much, much better!!

Archived