How to deal with Customer - No Payment

Well the lady I was dealing with showed up today. Thankfully she paid

cash so I don\'t have to worry about bouncing a check.

She told me she is working on a king size quilt that she will want me to quilt

but it won\'t be ready for awhile. I told I didn\'t think I could deal with this

again. She said she will make sure she has at least 3/4 of the money to start. I am so grateful for caller id, LOL.

Also I will have contracts to be signed by then and things will be much

different.

Thank You all for your info.

And Julie, Thanks for starting this post. I hope you post again to let

us know how your situation is going.

Michele

Two tho\'ts here...I know time eludes me..one month runs into another and time goes so fast, I\'m amazed sometimes...I can\'t believe we\'re just days

from Christmas! Perhaps there has been extenuating circumstances..One last letter, sent Registered, return receipt requested. Then you\'ll know that it was received. Itemize the facts..the date she brought it...the date it

was done, the dates you contacted her..and the last fact...that to re-coup

the expense and time you have involved in the piece, you will take possession of the quilt on such and such a day. How about trying to raffle it off. Sometimes those theme quilts go really good..You might have to wait until August/Sept. next year, but you might just get a whole lot more than the $300. Boy, I went thru this when I was raising purebred dogs....

bad checks, promises and you know? It was the people that I knew the best and trusted (like from work, etc) that screwed me over. I wised up pretty darn fast and demanded 1/2 deposit..at least I didn\'t go in the hole that way. Good luck.

Archived