Do you require a deposit?

Actually I don\'t ask for a deposit....I have their quilt, that is deposit enough for me. I have only had 2 people who have not paid for a quilt...one I was stupid and trusted that she would send the money after she got her quilt....Nope it didn\'t happen, and the other one was the one that I mentioned in the other thread.

I guess I am taking a risk not asking for a deposit, but after 9 years of doing this and not getting hugely burned I\'m not sure I will ever ask for one from past customers, but maybe will rethink my thoughts on a new customer.

Guest Linda S

No I don\'t. And, I may be super crazy because I get quilts from all over the country. I ship them back without a dime being paid and have always gotten a check in the mail in payment. I hope that continues to be true.

Linda

Most of the time, I don\'t require a deposit but I do make sure that I\'ve received payment at pick up or before I mail the quilt back to a customer. Paypal has a great invoicing feature now that I use.

If a customer is sending me a quilt via the mail and wants to write me a check then I do ask for the check with the quilt top. I deposit the check as soon as I get it so that it has time to clear the bank before I send the completed quilt back to the customer.

I have noticed that some of my customers to do not seem to be in a real big hurry to pick up their quilt tops especially the ones from the guilds.

Archived