Suggestions for teachers at Paducah, please

sewlinzi

Just been reading the online registration guide for Paducah 08. Very excited about all the fab teachers and must remember not to sign up for too many classes... I've looked at the biogs and websites but wondered if anyone had particular recommendations or favourites from the following: Tammy Finkler, Cathy Franks, Suzanne Hyland, Linda McCuean, Annie Moody, Nancy Price and is there anyone else I really must see?! I'm a bit overwhelmed by choice and decisions to make!! If anyone would like to suggest what else is essential about a trip to Paducah then I would love to hear your thoughts. Many thanks - Linzi in wet again Scotland x:D

Hi Linzi,

I went to Paducah last spring-2007. I did not take classes from anyone you are asking about, but I did take 4 classes. I took one from Linda Taylor, 2 from Irena Bluhm and one from Diane Gaudynski. I was very pleased with all four of my classes.

Also, allow yourself time to visit the town. They go "all out" to welcome the quilters. I spent lots of money in Eleanor Burn\'s store (she can now retire:)) and Hancock\'s of Paducah fabric store. Of course, I also spent money at the vendor mall. BTW-there are mini post offices in the convention center so you can mail home boxes of your goodies instead of being limited to what you can fit in your suitcases. :)

I hope you enjoy your time in the USA.

Sandy

I just take my debit card when I go. That way I can only spend what I actually have to spend. If I took credit cards, I\'d get into SERIOUS trouble. Maybe they need to open a little loan kiosk in the middle of the vendors mall, like on of those 10 minute loan processing joints that are popping up everywhere.

Even BETTER, APQS needs to have their loan officers there with 10 minute processing. Now, that would be exciting.

• 4 weeks later...

I can\'t believe that I will get to meet some of you at Paducah!!:D I thought I had goofed and that all the longarm world would go to MQS... but I decided that as I\'m soon to be 40 Paducah would be my quilt pilgrimage. Unfortunately I think I\'ll love it and want to go again so how can I possibly be fair to the other USA biggies like Houston and MQS:o

Great idea to swap the Friendship blocks there, Teresa. I\'m really starting to get excited now and thinking about luggage - that is not going with any but coming back with lots!

I have only been to one major quilt show, and that was Houston \'07.

To those who have been to Paducah and others like MQX, are they like IQF? Would going to Paducah be like going to the Houston show?

I can\'t go to them all, so I\'m trying to figure out the difference between them all....

Thanks!

Archived