Another one finished

Okay,here is the last picture.

I used So fine in an antique gold color (don\'t know the color # because they were sample cones) on top and eggshell on the bottom. I used a 3.5 needle. The center is done using a panto (UGH!) that took forever, definitely too hard for me.

Then I did a narrow border of holly leaves and the wide outer border was ivy leaves.

The finished quilt was 74X86. Batting was high loft polyester (hey, she sent it).

Teresa, this came out great! Glad to see you are getting quilts now!

I have another question, what\'s the problem with a hi-loft batting? I\'ve seem this mentioned several times. I can see you\'d probably have to adjust the hieght of the hopping foot so that it doesn\'t push the fabric ahead of it with the higher bat but is that the only reason? Is it because it\'s a poly? Why don\'t we like poly batts?

My biggest problem with high loft polyester batting is that my machine doesn\'t have a hopping foot, it has a presser foot. The high loft batting, coupled with piecing seams, causes my machine to stop dead in its tracks sometimes. Raising the presser foot isn\'t a good option because then it doesn\'t smash the quilt enough on the non-lumpy places.

Archived