Latest Quilt

Here are some pics of my latest quilt. It is actually a whole cloth quilt, meaning I didn't need to piece it as the fabric was all patch work. Even so, it was cute and my quilting actually looks pretty good, with stitches being pretty even. On my way to Vermont for the weekend to share a quilting weekend with some girl friends. We will be on 352 acres of beautiful Vermont land at the base of Mount Mansfield. All packed up and ready to roll. Should be a great time.

post--13461899023337_thumb.jpg

The stitching is a panto, unfortunely, I\'m not good enough yet to be so perfect on freehand, but it\'s coming. the panel is actual complete yardage. It is from the Bazoobles collections. I have not been able to find it online as they are all out of stock. I saw the fabric first in a Fons & Porter magazine with a pattern but they were out of stock on the kit they advertised. In my travels, I happen to find this yardage at Walmart, both back and front. I just quilted the entire piece from selvage to selvage and then used the block design to cut out the size I wanted. I like to use the book "Sew One and You\'re Done" to make baby quilts. You can take any quilt block and make it bigger proportionally and they make wonderful baby quilts.

That is cute. I really like that fabric. I\'ll be on the look out for some. Walmart here no longer sells fabric.

Your quilting is fantastic. I wish I could make that nice of curves while following a panto. My freehand is pretty goo, but I still can\'t do a panto to save my life. My circles come out looking like curvy roads with potholes.

Archived