HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM GERALDINE LATELY?

I was wondering how she was doing, as she hasn't been on the chat since like...july! Do any of you have personal contact with her to see if she's doing alright? I know her husband's in Afghanistan (i think), but was a tad concerned about her, as she was on here all the time, and now nothing since july 07.

Oh Sheri,

I think about Geri a lot! I haven\'t heard from her in nearly 6 months or more... I remember she mentioned here on the chat that she was having a bout with depression and trying to adjust to the meds... :( I really miss Geri and I hope she is doing OK. She lives on Vancouver Island north of Seattle, I believe. Perhaps Darlene Epp or Linda Lang in BC know more about Geri?

Okay, I sent her an email to let her know we are thinking of her and this is the response....

Hi Mary Beth:

Yes I\'m doing well enough, Thank you so much for asking............

I was spending far to much time chatting on the forum, I have (a little bit of) an addictive personality, so I tend to go whole hog with something, for a time, then drop it, when I get to over load.

I\'m quilting a great deal as well, about 3-4 quilt-tops a week, & with the DH gone on Military training,for 9 months this year, two growing boys (I won\'t mention E-Bay) Menopause, sleep depravation, surgery in April, "Trigeminal Neuralgia" (a nerve problem in my face), I\'m doing remarkably well.

The DH will be going to Afghanistan in April, so my spring/summer will be the same as last,

I do pop in-to the forum if I have a LA-question, but I don\'t log-in, cause I know were that will led.......................

If you like, you can tell every one that I\'m good......just really busy.

It\'s very nice to know that I\'m missed,

Thanks again,

Gerry in B.C.

Glad to know you are doing well Geri! Missing you here on the chat, and I think about you often! I still have you and your family on my prayer list, wan\'t sure if he was still in Afganistan or not, sounds like he\'s going back and forth. 3-4 quilts a week? You are just rockin\' right along, Huh? Good news!

Thanks Mary Beth. I did remember she had that bout with depression. I Guess that\'s why I was asking, since it\'s been so long that she\'s been on here chatting.

Geri, if you do pop in and out...."HELLO!!!!!!......and I miss seeing your posts!"

Hope all IS WELL with you and your family. Take care!

It is good to know that she is doing well, all things (surgery, boys DH deplyment) considered.

I exchanged emails with Gerry a few months ago because I was also concerned. Plus I miss her high energy and enthusiam. It is good to know that she is quilting, it is a good release. I have been where she is raising 2 boys while my DH was deployed (9 months back then) and I was trying to juggle my own military career. It gets crazy.

Gerry, it is good to know that you stop in here even if only as a lurker. We are thinking of you, girlfriend.

[[[ BIG HUGS ]]]]

Archived