suggestions for celtic knot

You may be able to find a Celtic-knot-like design that is continuous but a true knot will require more than one start/stop, especially if you are not comfortable backtracking. Can your friend afford heavy-custom prices, cuz that would be appropriate with a knot design.

I could hand-quilt a knot faster than I could longarm one, I bet!!!!

I had a request for a Celtic-ish design and after explaining the limitations and high price, we settled on this design. I made a home-made pounce stencil and it worked fine. It is continous line. If you can find a circular celtic design to do this way and fill the big block of the Irish chain, it would be very effective. Good luck with your quest!

well I value your wisdom and will bow out of the celtic knot. I like what you all have done but I don\'t have the experience to take on this challenge. I\'m new to longarming and she is new to having her quilts done on a longarm. It\'s hard to educate people with out scaring them away from a longarm. Especially when all they have is hand sewn. THANKS YOU ALL...michelle

Mary Beth,

You took your beginner class before there were all these lovely gadgets around to help make quilting parallel lines easier. Way back then the only thing we had to rely on was our steady hands (or lack thereof:))!

So take the plunge and try a Celtic knot with one of the new templates or circle devices--you\'ll be terrific! Watch for a version of a Celtic knot I did for Marianne Fons in an upcoming issue of Love of Quilting. I used the Hartley Fence to stay on target.

I\'m still not patient enough to try to stay steady "freehand" on Celtic knots and cable designs, and still lazy enough that I don\'t want to get out a lot of gadgets to get the design done; guess I was feeling generous when I did that one.

Happy Quilting!

Archived